Monday 23 January 2012

That Dreaded Eight Letter Word.

Well I'm sure I don't actually have to spell it out for anyone to guess just what that word might be? It's the one thing that for the really overweight, instills dread into their very heart; yes we all know that hideous feeling when someone mentions the word 'exercise.'  Why is it that we tend to loathe the thought of actually beginning some form of get fit routine?  I think it's because the larger we grow the harder it becomes to move our body.  Daily we feel more and more tired, probably because we're not getting a really restful sleep and all in all it's just so much easier to not get started than to go through the effort that is required.
Being one of the overweight population I have been investigating this dilemma closely and have come to the conclusion that although I hate moving my body, if I want to get rid of my excess weight then I really have no option but to get started, so here goes.
I am beginning by taking short walks with my dog each morning; the one advantage I have here is that my dog is quite old so she doesn't want to walk too far or too fast.  Both these things suit me perfectly the way I am feeling at present and logically thinking I know things can only get better:)
So.......that's where I'm at, how about the rest of you?  What is your exercise program?  Do you have one?  Have you actually got out from behind your computer or up off the couch yet?  Believe me I know how hard it is to begin anything new.
I have decided to walk daily and extend the distance gradually.  It doesn't really matter if you can't get past the end of your driveway, from my understanding it's all about getting started.  Once my walking is stonger and longer I shall have another go with my kettlebells.  Haven't touched them for a while which is really stupid as the exercises are so effective and really quite easy. I'm convinced it really is a mindset thing.  We convince ourselves it's all too hard so we settle into our familiar routine for yet another day.  So tell me, what's it going to take you to get moving?

No comments:

Post a Comment